Electrical Design Engineer (FMCG) job vacancy at Leeds, West Yorkshire,United Kingdom. It is Permanent job and you have to work Full Time. Click below to Apply for more details about job.
You are advised to register by clicking “Apply now Button” Below. We will send you more details and future job vacancies in any location of UK for any profession.
We are recruiting for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to work for a FMCG manufacturing company located in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
The main purpose of the role is to design and develop the electrical content of quality products within agreed time-scales and budgets according to Company procedures.
* Design products that meet specified customer and internal requirements and are profitable.
* Produce design project documentation that is thorough and accurate and gains the approval of the R&D Manager.
* Verify designs with care and thoroughness so that all failures to meet requirements are discovered.
* Validate products with care and thoroughness so that all failures to meet requirements are discovered.
* Make design changes that are evaluated for feasibility, cost and timing; and implemented with care and thoroughness, gaining the approval of the R&D Manager.
* Contribute effectively to team working within the company and with customers.
* Give timely, effective support to the customer’s needs so that the customer does not express dissatisfaction.
* Provide effective technical support to the satisfaction of manufacturing departments on design matters relating to products being introduced into, or already in, production, e.g. supporting PPAP, APQP and FMEA.
* Provide technical support to Sales and Marketing to obtain new business.
* The role requires team working with many other departments within the organisation, locally and internationally, and with various departments at customers.
* Customer contact will be technical (not involving commercial matters), normally at engineer or engineer’s supervisor level.
* The role is provided with pooled technician and PCB design support. Conflicting needs for this support will be arbitrated by the Electronics R&D Manager.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum HNC in Electrical Engineering.
* Minimum 2 years relevant experience.
* Awareness, training and experience in customer quality processes such as APQP, PPAP, FMEA.
* Design for volume manufacture.
You will earn a basic salary of between £45,000 to £50,000 per annum (depending on experience), plus outstanding benefits.