Mechanical Estimator job vacancy at Preston, Lancashire,United Kingdom. It is Permanent job and you have to work Full Time. Click below to Apply for more details about job.
You are advised to register by clicking “Apply now Button” Below. We will send you more details and future job vacancies in any location of UK for any profession.
Our client is a heating company based in Preston.
– To deliver the companies Estimating function associated with Plumbing, Domestic Heating, Service & Maintenance
Roles and Responsibilities.
– Your line manager will be the Estimating Director
– To undertake all duties associated with the design and estimating of domestic heating and plumbing tenders.
– Have responsibility for the administration and general management of the domestic housing estimating function in accordance with the companies standard operating procedures
– To undertake all duties associated with the tendering and sales conversion of domestic boiler replacements enquiries primarily from end users including client liaison, surveys, pricing and quotation issue.
– Carry out all tendering duties associated with commercial plumbing installations
– To support our Service and Maintenance Section in the preparation of quotations
– Support as necessary any colleagues engaged in Estimating or Business Development duties
– Implement the companies Business Development strategy, identifying and developing business opportunities with new and existing clients across the company to maintain agreed turnover levels
– Be pro-active in liaising with clients and colleagues to ensure accurate and timely submission of tenders, budgets and quotations to meet the demands of the business.
– Represent the company at client meetings.
– Carry out site surveys as necessary so as to prepare the most competitive quotations.
– Provide support to both the Project and Service & Maintenance Sections in the delivery of projects.
– To be pro-active in the monitoring of tenders to identify value engineering opportunities and through this maximise the profitability of the company.
– Be pro-active in the chasing, negotiation and conversion of tenders into commercially beneficial orders
– Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
– Develop constructive working relationships with your colleagues at all levels, suppliers and clients.
– Participate in internal and external meetings as required to fulfil your role.
– Have design & technical knowledge of Domestic Building Services to an advanced level.
– Provide feedback and recommendations where appropriate to improve practices.
– Offer support and training to other team members as appropriate