METALLURGICAL TEST TECHNICIAN job vacancy at Sheffield, South Yorkshire,United Kingdom. It is Permanent job and you have to work Full Time. Click below to Apply for more details about job.
You are advised to register by clicking “Apply now Button” Below. We will send you more details and future job vacancies in any location of UK for any profession.
My client has an opportunity for an experience Metallurgical Test Technician to join their small, well established steel processing company based in Sheffield.
Working in a hot metal working environment, the main purpose of the role will be to take samples and prepare for testing.
* Working on the shop floor cutting samples
* Routine sample preparation including cleaning and polishing
* Carrying out some mechanical testing / hardness testing and evaluating results
* Maintaining and calibrating equipment eg micrometers and gauges
* Inputting information onto database
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Materials Science/Metallurgy or Materials based qualification e.g. BTEC/ONC/HNC.
* Experience of metallurgy in a production environment preferred
* Good problem solving skills, analytical approach with good numeracy and literacy skills
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Ability to work in a team and as well as on own initiative
* Able to follow processes and procedures to remain compliant with standards specifications
* Assisting with improvements to procedures and operating methods to increase efficiency
* IT Literate including MS Word and Excel
* Good written and verbal communication skills
This is a permanent position for the right person