Plastic Injection Moulding Setter job vacancy at Worcester, Worcestershire,United Kingdom. It is Permanent job and you have to work Full Time. Click below to Apply for more details about job.
You are advised to register by clicking “Apply now Button” Below. We will send you more details and future job vacancies in any location of UK for any profession.
Job Title: Setter
Responsible To: Technician Performance Review Method:
Responsible For: See Company Tree Appraisal
To set up tooling in nominated presses and to ensure that the injection moulding process is controlled and monitored in such a way as to provide products that conform to quality and production targets.
1. The installation and setting of tooling in nominated presses – Complying with Statutory Regulations and Company Safety Procedures – to achieve products that conform to quality and product targets.
2. The identification and reporting of setting parameters for production tooling, including the tool condition and repairs required.
3. The monitoring and correction of out of specification process conditions as directed by the Technician.
4. To ensure that the presses comply with current Health and Safety legislation, after tool changes and before hand-over to the Operator.
Minimum of 2 years plastics injection moulding experience.
Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing desirable.
Knowledge of the properties and processing behavior of polymer materials.
Basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Familiar with analytical/diagnostic tools, SPC, FMEA, SMED.
Health and Safety issues Codes of practice relevant to the industry.
Experience in communicating actively & effectively to team members.
Knowledge of lean principles, i.e. SMED, 5s, standardized work, stop call wait.
Demonstrated hands on experience of tool changes, first & last off approvals & process start ups
GENERAL REPORTING METHODS
1. Tool Reports.
2. Process setting sheets (for inclusion on the database).
ESSENTIAL / DESIRABLE
Process Setting Experience N.V.Q. Level 3
High Performance Moulding Course
Forklift Certification. Experience of automated equipment.
If you would like to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to Struan Rytina and call to book your appointment on 01905 – 73 1234